What causes abdominal aortic aneurysm?
cause for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The most crucial and important cause for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) is atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is characterized by the deposition of fat material on inner walls of the arteries. Hypertension is also a further contributory cause towards aneurysm formation. Going deep into histological causes, its termed to be related to abnormal connective tissue turnover in the media and adventitia layer of the vessel especially in individuals who are less than 50 years of age. Smoking is a known risk factor for AAA.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
Smoking in all its forms including marijuana is considered hazardous in relation to cardiovascular conditions such as abdominal aortic aneurysm and should be avoided. Changing the route of drug does not affect the outcome. Alternatives should be sought to marijuana.
wishing you best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Methamphetamine causing abdominal aortic aneurysm
- What is abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm can cause hypomenorrhea
- Can abdominal aortic aneurysm cause constipation
- Adderall causing abdominal aortic aneurysm symptoms
- Marijuana abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Adderall and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm size
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm and sildenafil
- Adipex and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...