What causes a yellowish orange patch on the scalp?
Please see the mark in the head of my brother. This is birth mark. No pain. See attached.
It has grown bit bigger. Can you suggest what is it and do we need to worry.
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
I can see a hairless, yellowish orange, raised patch in scalp.
It is a Nevus Sebaceous. It is a nevus i.e is usually congenital. Nevus sebaceous may increase in size and become raised at puberty but it is benign and usually does not require any intervention.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body