• question-icon

What causes a yellow spot on the upper chest?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 28 y o m, good health, he look in mirror and there's a yellowish spot on the upper part of his chest near to shoulder. It is not itchy or painful. What are DDs?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 12 minutes later
it appears to be deposition of fat. itcan be aspirated and tested for confirmation. consult dermatologist for examination and advice on diagnosis and further treatment. it can be pigmentary disorder. exclude icterus in other part of body and have sgot and sgpt.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 minutes later
28 year old male, in a good health, he look in the mirror and there's a yellowish spot on the upper part of his chest near to shoulder. It is not itchy or painful. What is your DDs and wwhat could be the proble
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection/ seborrhoic keratoses/xanthoma, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be a superficial fungal infection or xanthoma or seborrhoic keratoses.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
Thank you..
I attach the affected area picture and I paid for that I choose to ask the dermatologist for the same Q, shold I do it again and pay agai?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seem to be resolving bruises, keep under observation

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photographs and these yellow spots seem to be resolving bruises or ecchymotic spots.
They seem to be related to some unnoticed injury or trauma on the affected areas.
Keep them under observation and they should disappear in 2 weeks time.
If they recur go for coagulation studies to rule out any internal cause for the occurence of these spots.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist