What causes a white spot with knot in center of a bruise?

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash
Question: My daughter is 28 and got bruise on her leg two weeks ago with white spot that had a knot in it in the center of the knot. She said that she did nothing to cause it. It is not worse but not getting really better. She recently moved from Indiana to XXXXXXX and is doing a lot of walking' a lot more. What is this?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pictures required

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your apprehension regarding the skin condition.
From the description and history provided by you its really difficult to point out anything specific condition.
Thereby I request you to send me some good clinical pictures for better understanding.

You can mail pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject titled 'ATTN Dr Hardik Pitroda'

Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
M.D Dermatology

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral antifungal, triple combination

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for late reply.
From review of photograph, I can say the morphology of lesion is very atypical. Still from keen observation I would like to put forward differential diagnosis of dermatitis possibly after some insect bite or it can be a fungal infection called tinea.
I would suggest that she have a thorough examination by a dermatologist.
If i was your treating dermatologist, I would suggest she take a short course of oral antifungal meds like fluconazole. I would also recommend you to apply a cream containing a combination of clobetasol, clotrimazole and fusidic acid twice a day for 2 weeks. Take oral antihistaminics if there is associated itching.
I am sure this will take care of the condition.
But I would insist you to report me the status after 2 weeks, so that it can be managed in such a way that complete resolution is achieved.
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj