Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes a white spot with knot in center of a bruise?

Answered by
Dr. Hardik Pitroda


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 1489 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash
Question: My daughter is 28 and got bruise on her leg two weeks ago with white spot that had a knot in it in the center of the knot. She said that she did nothing to cause it. It is not worse but not getting really better. She recently moved from Indiana to XXXXXXX and is doing a lot of walking' a lot more. What is this?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pictures required

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your apprehension regarding the skin condition.
From the description and history provided by you its really difficult to point out anything specific condition.
Thereby I request you to send me some good clinical pictures for better understanding.

You can mail pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject titled 'ATTN Dr Hardik Pitroda'

Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
M.D Dermatology

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral antifungal, triple combination

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for late reply.
From review of photograph, I can say the morphology of lesion is very atypical. Still from keen observation I would like to put forward differential diagnosis of dermatitis possibly after some insect bite or it can be a fungal infection called tinea.
I would suggest that she have a thorough examination by a dermatologist.
If i was your treating dermatologist, I would suggest she take a short course of oral antifungal meds like fluconazole. I would also recommend you to apply a cream containing a combination of clobetasol, clotrimazole and fusidic acid twice a day for 2 weeks. Take oral antihistaminics if there is associated itching.
I am sure this will take care of the condition.
But I would insist you to report me the status after 2 weeks, so that it can be managed in such a way that complete resolution is achieved.
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Fusidic acid

doctor1 MD

Hi, My husband has pus filled pimples in the backside of his head. He has very oily hair. We have observed that they come up whenever he has sweets or his hair becomes very oily. They usually come and go very frequently. It has been like this for...

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

hi I believe I may have shingles I do you have a diagnosis of p a d that was determined about a year ago my rash developed on the shin of my right leg and because of the p a d I think I dismissed many of the initial symptoms it got my attention...

doctor1 MD

i have dark spots or scars on my left cheek, i dont know what they are called, they are simply darkened depths in small circle shapes on my face. I have consulted a nearby dermatologist, he prescribed me to use fusidic acid cream bp, i have used it for about one month......i see no change......plz help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello sir, I have some warts on my penis since 10-12 yrs, I recently consulted with a dermatologist and he prescribed VDRL test (result-non reactive) and also Azithromycin, Acutret(Isotretinoin), Vitamin (D3), and Fusidic Acid cream however there are not mejor effevt in 15 days. Is it some bacterial infection or any viral infection? Please note that I never ever have any type of sexual activity or any exposure to drugs. I smoke regularly since last 3 years. Your suggestion matters as I do not have a very well qualified doctor here. Thank you and god bless you.