What causes a white spot under the base of tongue?
as per plan - step by step
Hi young man.
Thanks for your query, history and pictures.
To recapitulate: Male/24 - chewed tobacco at the age 18 to 23 - worried about cancer - found white spot under the base of tongue about 1 month ago - painless - no redness or ulceration - wants another opinion -
Yes there is white mark in one of the pictures you have provided, particularly the one showing the left side of the tongue with finger. It shows irregular white plaque like lesion- not raised or ulcerated.
You are right in saying this is not normal.
I would suggest you the following plan so that the diagnosis is done as well as complete treatment is done.
- Take Therapeutic dosage of Vitamin A and D multivitamins. Many times the deficiencies cause such problems.
- If it heals and the area becomes normal within 3 weeks, nothing more to be done and no tobacco of course.
- If it does not heal, to go for a small operation of excision biopsy.
This will confirm the diagnosis which can show whether this is a cancer or some other condition such as just leocoplakia, lichen planus or so.
-So nothing to worry till the final out come is there.
No need to be anxious at the moment.
Please discuss the plan with your Doctor, follow as per His / Her experience and the problem will be solved.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more or if you need further clarifications or if you feel there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause itchiness and white spots on the face
- White spots at the base of my tongue
- White spots on tongue caused by anxiety
- What causes white spots on tonsils
- What could cause white spots in throat
- What causes white spots on the cervix
- Tiny white spots under tongue
- White spots under the tongue
- What causes white spots on tongue with headache
- What causes white spots