What causes a white patch on the shaft of the penis?
Seems to be vitiligo, topical steroid & tacrolimus ointment
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be vitiligo.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like mometasone cream on the affected area once daily in the morning and tacrolimus 0.1 percent ointment on the white spot at night for 3-4 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you should be used under the supervision of the doctor.
No precautions required, can be cured
You can meet the dermatologist.
No precautions are required.
It can be cured but it has an unpredictable course.
There are not much chances of it spreading to the other sites of the body.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spreading white patches on skin of arms
- What causes white patches all over the body
- What is the treatment for white patch on penis
- What causes white patches with deep lines on tongue
- What is this white patch on my penis
- What is causing white patches in pubic area around penis
- What causes white patches on lips
- What is the solution for white patches on penis
- What could cause small white patch on neck
- What causes white patches on nails of a kid