What causes a tingling sensation in the breasts?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 12 Dec 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi. Last cycle i had a breakthrough bleed while on mercilon.. my doctor told me to stop taking the pills and just let the blood go through and have my 7 day pill break instead. I still had 6 tablets left at that time. After the 7 day break, my doctor advised me to continue the remaining 6 tablets and proceed with another pack right away without break. I had intercourse with my partner on the 9th day of taking the pills. Im experiencing a tingling sensation in my breasts right now. Could i be pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NOT pregnant

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Breakthrough bleed is normal with pills and nothing to worry about. Letting the blood go and starting pill after 6 days was fine. The coitus you had on 9th day of taking the pill is perfectly safe and protected and thus cant lead to pregnancy.

Now as far as tingling sensation in breast is concerned, it can be due to hormonal surges of progesterones common in second phase of cycle , or some local irritation due to bra etc. Any ways nothing to worry about, maintain good genital hygiene and hope for the best. You are not pregnant.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan