What causes a throbbing pain on the inside of the knee?
I have throbbing pain on the inside of left knee on and off for a few weeks.
Can be due to mild arthritis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The throbbing pain on the inside of your knee can be due to mild arthritic changes or decreased joint lubricants.
These are basically age related degenerative changes in the weight bearing joints like knee.
The treatment options include:
1. Pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like Glucosamine sulfate, Chondroitin, Dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
2. Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner.
3. It is suggested to add Calcium supplements each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days.
4. You can start with walking and aerobic fitness exercises, quadriceps strengthening, patellar tapping, lateral heel wedges, etc- under the guidance of your physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throbbing pain causes
- What is the cause of throbbing pain in the head
- What causes to have throbbing pain in knees when standing
- What causes pulsating and throbbing pain in the ear
- What is causing throbbing pain on one side of head
- What causes throbbing pain and burning sensation above knee cap
- What causes throbbing pain and swelling in throat
- What could be cause of intense throbbing pain in head
- What could cause a throbbing pain in the head
- What causes throbbing pain in the knee after knee replacement