What causes a tender lump in the groin area?

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a sore lump that seems to be very close to the right lymph node in the groin. Slighty down and right. It is sore to the touch. Over the week end i did experiance some tesitcular pain directly after having protected intercoarse. Localized in the right testical only more specifically the tubes leading from it. Could this be an infection resulting from thay pain. It feel very like a swollen tube like structure next to that lymph node
Answered by Dr. Rishi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like Funiculitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the question.
It is possible that your Spermatic cord which goes from testicles to groin might have some inflammation(Funiculitis) and you could have an inflamed inguinal lymph node
You should get examined by a Surgeon to be sure.
You would need a course of antibiotics like Tab Augmentin 625mg thrice a day for 5 to 7 days. Along with Tab Combiflam also 2 to 3 times a day depending on the level of pain. Both medicines should be had after meals.
This should relieve you of your problem.
Wear tight underwear so that the scrotum does not hang.
Take care and do let me know if there are any other questions about this.
Dr Rishi New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Rishi 6 hours later
Is that the only possiblity??
Answered by Dr. Rishi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No. There are some other possibilities.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
That is not the only possibility. That is why I asked you to get examined by a Surgeon. It could simply be an abscess or inflammation of the groin skin and tissues below the skin. For that also the same treatment would suffice which I had elaborated upon in the last answer.
Best way would be to get examined by a Surgeon who can then tell you what is the lesion. Without examining it is very difficult for me to say with confidence.
Take care and feel free to ask any queries that you might have
Dr Rishi New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX