What causes a swollen lymph node in front of the neck?
I no symptoms other than I need dental work done.
Teeth can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
The most probable reason of this lymph node enlargement is the bad tooth you have mentioned. There might be some abscess present due to this issue causing lymph nodes enlargement. This is very typical when teeth are not treated.
It is also possible that this lymph nodes are enlarged due to some other inflammation including ear or throat.
In some cases neck lymph nodes can appear due to muscles injury of the neck. It might be even holding the neck in one position for a long time like during long travel or staying too long in front of a computer.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can allergies cause swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- What cause swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph nodes neck caused by pimple
- What causes glandular fever and swollen lymph nodes in neck
- What causes swollen lumbar lymph nodes
- Blisters in vagina lymph nodes swollen what is causing this
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes
- What causes swollen and painful lymph nodes on neck