question-icon

What causes a swollen lymph node in front of the neck?

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Question: I want to know why I would have a swollen lymph node in the front of my neck. Down towards the bottom.
I no symptoms other than I need dental work done.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Teeth can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

The most probable reason of this lymph node enlargement is the bad tooth you have mentioned. There might be some abscess present due to this issue causing lymph nodes enlargement. This is very typical when teeth are not treated.

It is also possible that this lymph nodes are enlarged due to some other inflammation including ear or throat.

In some cases neck lymph nodes can appear due to muscles injury of the neck. It might be even holding the neck in one position for a long time like during long travel or staying too long in front of a computer.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon