What causes a swollen bruise on the thumb?
Blood clot in this area is almost impossible.
Thank you for the query.
Can you please attach a photo your thumb?
Blood clot in this area is hardly possible. Most likely you have some kind of inflammation (can be rheumatic) or due to increased uric acid amount in your blood.
Generally, in such situation, x-ray, lukewarm compresses and anti-inflammatory drugs are typical treatment. In many cases, the reason of such inflammation is hard to detect.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swollen and bruised cheek and jawline
- What causes bruised arches
- What caused slight bruise between thumb and index finger
- What causes painful purple bruise and swelling on thumb
- What causes unexplained bruises
- What causes bicep bruising
- What causes bruised ankles
- What causes a bruise to harden
- Causes for itchy bruise on thumb
- What causes a bruised eyelid
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?