What causes a sudden painful popping sensation in the middle of the foot's sole?
Your symptoms seem to be related to plantar fasciitis.
Your symptoms seem to be related to plantar fasciitis. Sometimes plantar fasciitis shows itself with a pop. Plantar fasciitis in simple words is an inflammation of the tissue that connects the heel with the toes.
A physical examination is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Some advice that I can give to you are:
- Take anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Ice compresses can help
- If you don't get better you should consult your doctor and take prescribed cortico-steroids.
- Physical therapy is needed
Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me again.
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes squishy sensation in foot
- What causes pain and swelling with warm sensation on foot
- What causes pricking sensation at the soles
- What causes a sudden choking sensation
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes pain in the middle of the stomach
- What causes pain at the middle of chest
- What causes sudden foot pain
- What causes pain in middle toes
- What causes popping sensation in the ear