question-icon

What causes a sudden painful popping sensation in the middle of the foot's sole?

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Question: i was outside and i felt something pop in the bottom middle of my left foot and it is PAINFUL WHAT SHOULD I do

Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms seem to be related to plantar fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms seem to be related to plantar fasciitis. Sometimes plantar fasciitis shows itself with a pop. Plantar fasciitis in simple words is an inflammation of the tissue that connects the heel with the toes.

A physical examination is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Some advice that I can give to you are:
- Take anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Rest
- Ice compresses can help
- If you don't get better you should consult your doctor and take prescribed cortico-steroids.
- Physical therapy is needed

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me again.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi