What causes a sudden onset of memory loss and confusion?

Neurologist
Question
I was shopping at Home Depot about an hour ago. While there, I started getting strange images in my mind, and trying to figure out what those images were (something I'd dreamed?). I checked out, walked to my car and drove home - a short drive. While driving home, I knew where I was, but I felt very disoriented. Same thing when I was in my garage. Since then I've been trying to figure out how it's so late in the day already, and trying to remember what I did earlier. Something seems wrong.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Three is a possibility of transient global Amnesia or acute confusional State.
It can be a manifestation of stroke, transient ischemic attacks or seizures.
Any history of similar episodes in past, preceding headache, seizures, fever, vomiting or limb weakness?
You need to get examined and evaluated by a neurologist.
Brain imaging and EEG may be required.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Follow-up: What causes a sudden onset of memory loss and confusion? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX This happened once before, roughly 6-10 years ago. I had no other symptoms, and I've had no other symptoms today. I do have heart rhythm issues, which is being evaluated. I also do occasionally get migraines, although no migraine symptoms today.

Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Possibility of migraine aura or complex partial seizures or transient global amnesia still persists.
You need to visit to your physician or neurologist for detailed evaluation.
Dr N Kumar