What causes a sudden onset of joint pain in shoulders, wrists and knees in an older adult?
VITAMIN D/CALCIUM DEFICIENCY
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
Such type of sudden onset pain the joints of the limbs usually occurs due to vitamin D and / or Calcium deficiency.
This causes the bones and joint cartilage to become weak leading to pain.
If you have suffered from a major viral illness in immediate past,this can also cause such kind of polyarticular pain.This happens due to residual synovial inflammation and usually gets cured in 2-3 months.
I would suggest you to take anti-inflammatory tablets like tramadol,paracetamol or etodolac.
Vitamin D and calcium supplements will help.
Addition of MSM,glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate will fasten the recovery process of the joint cartilages.
If the pain persists,you should consult a orthopedist and get Xray/MRI of the concerned joints done.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Knee joint pain causes
- What is the cause of joint pains and exhaustion
- What causes multiple joint pain
- What causes joint pains on standing
- What causes sacroiliac joint pain
- What causes severe joint pain
- What causes sweatingshivering with headachehip and shoulder joint pain
- What causes constant joint pain
- Wrist joint pain causes
- What causes joint pain in finger