What causes a sudden onset of cloudy vision?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My husband has had a sudden onset of a cloudy area over the lower portion of his right eye with a green color in the cloud. I irrigated the orbit of his eye with a normal saline eye wash He did not ; nor does he have any pain,pressure or irritation to his eye ,when he turned the light off , the cloud changed to a more white-grayish color. He has a cool wash cloth over his eye intermittently. Any suggestions of what this might be or what action I should take? No trauma, no injury, no specific eye problems. He is Insulin dependent Diabetic. His BS is 140.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic drops.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
I would have been happier if I could see a photograph of the eye as well.Still ,is there any redness or itching.In diabetics the prime issue is of infection. Use a antibiotic eye drop 5times a day foe 4 to 5days.Keep us updated if there is a change of situation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj