What causes a sudden onset of abdominal cramping, fecal incontinence and dizziness?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: These are my symptoms: have not had one of these episodes in over 5 yr.. Sudden onset of #1 abdominal cramping and urge to have a BM. At the same time I become diphoretic, fast pulse, bloodshot scherlae, dizzy and finally my stools are expelled rapidly as diarrhea. The episode ceases in 10 min and after a rest I return to my previous state.i have no allergies, food or other and my doctors could not diagnosis this. I was work d up by my primary and IM doctor.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide additional information

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I can certainly understand your concern

Before guiding you further I would like to know the following

Since how long you had these symptoms ?

Have you taken any tests like Ultrasound abdomen or Upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy ? If yes can you upload the reports on our website

Can you specify the complete list of medications taken so far ?

Once I receive your answers I will guide you thoroughly

Awaiting your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 14 hours later
The first time I had this type of episode was over 15 yrs ago and I thought it was something I ate. I’ve had 4-5 episodes over the years that all were identical in nature. I did have some GI studies done which all came back normal. These were over 10 years ago. Carcinoid tumor was one of the diagnoses ruled out. I will have to get the results from my MD office. As mentioned this has not occurred in over five years and no medication was prescribed. Currently I take Lisinopril 10 mg, HCTZ 12.5 mg, Fosamax 70 mg as well as vit D, Calcium and vit C. I am Registered nurse with many years experience.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
No major issues

Detailed Answer:
Hello
As the majority of the Gastrointestinal work up is found out to be normal, nothing to worry much.

These symptoms might be due to altered motor function in the past. It's advisable to consider a Coloscopic study if symptoms recur.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee