question-icon

What causes a sudden feeling of fear and fatigue?

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016
Question: HI
every year I am going for genereal heart checkup tests and obusolutely fine all tests 2d and tmt and other bold tests.... but my problem is somtimesi have got sudden one kind of feeling just two seconds ...that feeling is like sudden grip loss and getting fear immidetly likesomthing is goingon and I felt very tired for hour because of that...I went to doctors many time they said simple it is anxiety....
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please get yourself tested for absence seizures

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description I think before terming it anxiety there is need to rule out absence seizures. Although it is rare for a 39 year young male but your description vividly matches with absence seizures.

For ruling out this you need one electoencephalogram (EEG) from the nearby center. A typical pattern often noticed on the EEG to indicate toward absence seizures.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist