What causes a sore spot on neck spreading to jaw and cheek area?
Multiple approaches till getting final diagnosis..
Having a sore spot to the left of your "adam's apple" might be related with thyroid problems especially if you are also having problems with difficulty in breathing, shakiness etc.
As the soreness is spreading round the jaw and cheek area, I'd ask if you are having any problem with your teeth (bad teeth?).
You are also reporting to feel the pain with certain movements of the head, which makes me think of spondiloarthrosis of the vertebral spine (neck area) and/or ear problem.
As you may see, there are many problems to be ruled out before final conclusion. Physical/ear examination is needed.
Meanwhile, I advise to:
- keep good oral hygiene
- take otc pain-killers (ibuprofen, acetaminophen, etc.)
- drink plenty of water
All the best! Let me know if I can assist you further!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tightness in neck
- Pravastatin cause sore neck
- What causes sharp pain in jaw and neck
- What causes spots on neck
- What causes sore forearm throat and neck
- What causes headache and soreness in neck after drinking
- Causes of numb cheeks neck
- What causes painful jaw and neck pain
- What causes black neck
- Spots on neck cause