What causes a smooth reddish patch on the penis?
It could be due friction injury due to decreased secretions
Welcome to healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Coitus especially if there is less lubrication by naturally secreted secretions ( there is decrease in vaginal secretion especially after menopause)sometimes leads to friction over glans area leading to raw area. It is usually self limiting and there is no cause for concern , if you do not have multiple partners.
Exact diagnosis will however depend on clinical examination . It would be helpful if you could provide me following additional information
1. Since How long is the patch present ?
2. Is there any discharge ?
3. providing clinical photograph will be very helpful .
You can email if to YYYY@YYYY with subject line being " Attention Dr Shobha Deepak "
Awaiting your response
Dr Shobha Deepak
Recommend you assessment from your Primary care physician
Thanks for providing clinical photograph. It shows a ulcerative lesion . If the lesion is present for about a month as stated by you , and has not resolved then it requires further assessment and evaluation.
I would recommend you to consult General Surgeon or your Primary Care Physician for further evaluation for persistent ulcerative lesion over the glans.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of zits on penis
- What causes penilepulp on penis
- What causes itchiness in penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes shrinking of penis
- What causes dark patches under penis head
- What causes inflammation on penis
- What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin
- What causes red patch on penis
- What causes itching in penis