What causes a small reddish swollen bump on the left-sided upper frenulum?
Since the last two weeks I have noticed a small reddish swelled bump on the left side of my upper frenulum (skin connecting upper lips to gums). I thought it would go away on its own but it didn't. It is small and not painful. While the right side of frenulum is completely normal and plain, the bump can be felt by tongue on the left side and can be seen too. Is it something to worry about?
Due to injury
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
The red bump looks like an injury, probably while brushing or eating. Thus will heal and may change color to purple or even white before it fades off.
As it remains the same and is not painful,
I recommend :
-brushing carefully twice a day. Avoid friction over the affect area.
-rinse mouth with mildly salted water after every meal and then with plain water.
-no need for any pain or inflammation tablets.
- if it become sore or whitish like an ulcer, apply zytee gel with clean finger over affected area 3-4 times a day. Spit out any medication that mixes with saliva.
-take a vitamin b complex supplement like becosule (1 a day).
-Have curd with active cultures twice a day
The bump should go away in 2-3 weeks, if not or it becomes bigger, please consult a dentist to rule out other causes like infection.
Hope this helps.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes torned frenulum after an intercourse
- What causes extending of upper lip frenulum upto the lips
- What causes swollen bottom left labia minora
- Frenulum is red and swollen and causes sores on foreskin
- What causes bumps near the frenulum of the penis
- What causes frenulum tear
- What is the cause for swollen upper lip
- What causes a swollen frenulum
- What cause bumps on the lingual frenulum
- What causes swollen bumps on the skin of my clit