question-icon

What causes a small lump in the scrotum?

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: I just fort a small lump, high, just inside my scrotum...
Doesn't itch, or feel like a bite, but certainly appeared quickly.
What is it?
Answered by Dr. Riyanka Chail (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Confirm possible infectious condition by ultrasonography n take treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
I understand your anxiousness regarding your health problem.

1. A lump appearing suudenly in the scrotum is most likely to be due to an infection.

2. It is important to know if the lump is restricted to the skin of scrotum or arising from the testis and epididymis.

3. Scrotal swellings of sudden onset must be evaluated in detail and in most cases it is better to get a scrotal ultrasound done to confirm diagnosis.

4. If confirmed to be an infection then it can be treated with a short course of
antibiotics.

5. Please wear loose inner clothes for a few days to avoid discomfort.

Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
Dr.Riyanka

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Riyanka Chail