What causes a small lump in the scrotum?
Doesn't itch, or feel like a bite, but certainly appeared quickly.
What is it?
Confirm possible infectious condition by ultrasonography n take treatment
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
I understand your anxiousness regarding your health problem.
1. A lump appearing suudenly in the scrotum is most likely to be due to an infection.
2. It is important to know if the lump is restricted to the skin of scrotum or arising from the testis and epididymis.
3. Scrotal swellings of sudden onset must be evaluated in detail and in most cases it is better to get a scrotal ultrasound done to confirm diagnosis.
4. If confirmed to be an infection then it can be treated with a short course of
5. Please wear loose inner clothes for a few days to avoid discomfort.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sweaty scrotum
- What causes puffiness in the scrotum
- What causes rashes on scrotum
- What causes itching in the scrotum
- What causes growing lump in right scrotum
- What causes the movement of the scrotum
- What causes lumps in scrotum area
- What causes purple scrotum
- What causes scrotum pain
- What causes scrotum to swell