What causes a small lump in the inguinal area?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: I observed small lump on my left groin area 3 month back
it is painless soft movable looks like just under skin and clearly visible only when skin stretched otherwise not very clearly visible. there is no change in its size. please. advise
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lymph node

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned about a small lump in your inguinal area. This is soft and movable. It probably is a small lymph node. These are benign and not anything to be worried about. It could also be a small sebaceous cyst. This is a oil gland just under the skin that collects oil and is completely benign. I would not be concerned about this small lump as they are very common and have no long term effects.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 12 minutes later
will this go away with time or remain like this and test requirement if any thanks for reply
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lymph node

Detailed Answer:
In all likelihood this will not go away but it is not malignant therefore not dangerous. I would recommend that you see your medical provider and have them exam the area and see if needs to be removed. This can be done in the office and not an invasive procedure.