What causes a small lesion on the inner lip in a LPR patient?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 10 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have LPR and have for years. I noticed over the last years that if i drink coffee for a few days my symptoms flare up.
I get a sore pallete, sore tounge, irritated feeling inside my cheeks and lip, my throught, etc...
I recently have been dealing with a flare up for about a month off and on.
Now, im not sure if its the LPR or if I bit my lip(seem to remember bitting it on accident just before i noticed it).
anyway, I feel a little swollen area on my inner lip, its small and not very raised or firm but I can feel it.
When I look at it theres nothing visible. All the tissue looks the same across my entire lower lip. its not big enough to be seen either, even when looking with my wifes magnified face miror. its all just pink tissue with veins visible here and there across my entire lower lip. Theres also no pain.
my daughter had a mucocele a few years back and the ENT said they take a while to get as big as hers was and it was from trauma. we only saw hers when it was about the size of a BB and hers was surgically removed.
Im a hypochondriac so I was wondering if this is likely what this is or just irritation from LPR. I could send a picture but theres nothing at all discernable.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More likely caused by trauma than LPR!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. It is unlikely to be caused by LPR as acid rarely makes it to the lips in sufficient quantities to cause such degree of irritation. Given the notion of trauma to the lips about when the symptoms started, it is possible that this is an inflammatory response from the trauma.

My advice is to stay calm and do not nothing. Observe only and resolution should b soon. I must state that this is not mucocele.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Keep me updated and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 days later
I uploaded a picture of my lip.
The picture looks like I’m focusing on the area by my index finger. It’s not, it’s just outside the middle toward my thumb is the only place I feel a little bump.

When I pull it down it’s all just pink tissue.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Not related to LPR

Detailed Answer:
Hi sorry for the late reply
I have reviewed the attached pictures of your lips. Need not bother much. The lesion is not much related to LPR. I suggest you to take multivitamins.