What causes a small hemorrhoid on skin?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: hi i have a skin Thing next to my anus do you know what this is and is it normal? it is Like skin colour and soft
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like a small hemorrhoid.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attache more clear image?

Most likely what you have noticed is a small hemorrhoid. As it is soft and has skin color, there is no inflammation or thrombosis inside.
Hemorrhoid can appear due to constipation, lifting heavy objects or after pregnancy. Due to increased blood pressure in veins, its wall gets enlarged. Such enlarged vein can appear as a kind of boil in the anus area. You may have itching around anus with this issue.

If this does not bother you, no need to do anything with it. Its small and should not cause any problems. Just keep you stools regular and not hard. You may add some fiber to your diet.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon