What causes a small black spot on gum?
need to wait and see
You might have had some infection at the site of puncture. Hence the black spot. Your dentist might have given you antibiotic ointment which would allow it to heal.
Though this is one possibility and all want only this as possibility, your fear cannot be totally ignored. Most of the oral cancers are diagnosed at the time of tooth extraction. Usually they present as non healing ulcers, not as black spot which you mentioned. But we need to give a trial of antibiotics and wait for sometime.
Tobacco is the most common preventable cause of cancer. Tobacco in all forms is dangerous. Not only oral cancers many other cancers are caused by tobacco like cancer of lung, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, bladder, etc. All this can be prevented by simple task........QUITTING TOBACCO
Quit tobacco and stay healthy.
All the best
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black spot in vision
- What causes black spots in the heart
- What causes small purple spots inside the thighs
- What causes black spots on legs
- What causes small holes on yoyr gums
- What causes black spots on the labia
- What causes black spots in toilet
- What stds cause small bald spots
- What causes small hole in my gum
- What causes black spots on dentures