What causes a small black mark underneath nail on right toe?
What specialty doctor do we need to seek?
Thanks in advance.
Dermatologist or General Surgery
I checked the picture attached.
It looks like some leakage of blood from the capillaries underneath the nail. This should fade off on its own. Some are due to improper shoe selection where the toes get cramped leading to pressure in the capillaries and oozing of blood.
For these problem Dermatologist or General Surgeon can be consulted.
All the best.
Chances of melanoma is very less
Thank you for the query. I am sorry for being late here. I really apologize about this.
Lung cancer and skin cancer do not share genetic expression. So it is not likely that people who suffered lung cancer do have high chances of skin cancer. I feel that spot was more of a bleed under the nail and it should resolve.
The best thing you can do now is to observe the patch for a month. Take a picture of it and measure the size to keep the correct dimensions. It should decrease in pigmentation and size. If not you can get this examined by Dermatologist.
I am available readily to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes slight pain on right big toe
- What causes calcification of toe nails
- What causes black between the toes
- What causes toe nail fungus
- Causes of split toe nails
- What causes numbness in right big toe
- What causes toe nails to come off the root
- What causes loss of toe nails
- What causes discolouration of toe nails
- What causes tender and black pinky toe