What causes a small amount of white penile discharge?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 22 Jan 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm having a small amount of penile discharge white in color. The only other symptom of anything I have today is mild diarrhea. I have already gone for STD testing today but have not received the results. My last sexual contact was a week ago (prior to that, 3 weeks ago) and my partner swears she has had no other sexual contact for the last 6 months. Is it possible that i'm experiencing some URI due to food poisoning i had last week?

we've been having unprotected sex for several months now without any symptoms of anything.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will suggest you wait for the results!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for using HCM.

I am so sorry to hear about this discharge. Not all penile discharges are caused by STDs. URI cannot cause penile discharge. It would be difficult to tell what the exact cause of this discharge is at this time. I will suggest that we patiently wait for the results and would take over from there. Would be happy to get these results uploaded for review here. Drink much water and stay positive. No matter what the condition is, am sure we would be able to follow through and address it.

I hope this helps. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask more questions and we would gladly address them.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 days later
Because of the holiday I haven't been able to see a Dr. The penile discharge was very consistent the last 4 days, especially in the morning.

This morning there is nothing.

Would Gonorrhea or Chlamydia do that without treatment?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you could not spontaneous resolution of symptoms!

Detailed Answer:

Symptoms could seize spontaneously without necessarily signifying that the disease is over. I will recommend we simply wait for the results. If they suggest any infections, they we shall treat accordingly. If nothing abnormal is identified, I will recommend that you stay calm and only get worried if something else comes up.

I hope this helps, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 hours later
All tests came back negative today. Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HIV, Hep C & B, Herpes I & II

Still have a small amount of yellowish mucus discharge. What types of things should I expect the doctor to look for today (I made an appt.)?

Other symptoms would be: decreased urine flow, some slight pain urinating & ejaculating.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Let him look for non gonococcal causes!

Detailed Answer:

There are other possible germs that can cause infection like ureaplasma. I will recommend that you get a urinalysis as well as a urethral smear to look for clues of an infection.

I hope this helps.