question-icon

What causes a skin tag on the left tonsil?

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018
Question: I have found a skin tag type of thing in my throat on the left hand side next to the left tonsil. It isnt causing any pain and is the same pink colour as tonsils etc. What could it be? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Mucosal tag

Detailed Answer:

It is probably a mucosal tag which is an incidental finding but it would be better to comment once i get to see. Please send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (19 minutes later)
Unfortunately I am not able to get a good picture of it because if where it is located. Is a mucosal tag treated or is it just peft?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Mucosal tag

Detailed Answer:

Mucosal tags are normal and incidental and don't need to be treated if asymptomatic.
Any further questions are always welcome.

Take Care,
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal,
ENT Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist