Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes a shrunken penile foreskin ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello to you, My problem is my foreskin has shrunk and I was wondering if there is anything herbel etc. that I can use to cure this problem?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Treatment is specific for cause which has caused the shrinkage of foreskin.

1)     The first possibility is of phimsois skin which is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. It can also be due to scarring of the foreskin.

2)     Second possibility is of skin conditions like lichen sclerosus in which foreskin can scar, tighten, and shrink over the head of the penis.

There are no herbal remedies documented for both the above conditions.

The treatment of choice for lichen sclerosus is an ultrapotent topical corticosteroid. Daily use of these creams or ointments can stop itching within a few days and restore the skin's normal texture and strength after several months but steroids are available only under prescription. Other treatment options include immune-modulating medications, such as tacrolimus.

Treatment of phimosis skin also involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams. Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the treatment prescribed.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor