What causes a shooting pain from the left ear to a point deeper in the skull in an elderly?
I should have said metoprolol tartrate 50mg TWICE per day, not once per day
Likely to be due to a pinched nerve
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your description of shooting pain is suggestive of a pinched nerve and may occur with cervical spondylosis.
X ray of the cervical spine may be suggestive but MRI would be diagnostic in most such conditions.
It would be good to see a neurologist if you have the access.
If not an internist would be able to prescribe Gabapentin to relieve your pain.
You may also use a muscle relaxant with analgesic to get relief.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes painful ear lobe
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What causes brain freeze and shooting pain in ears
- What causes pointed ears
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear