What causes a sharp stabbing pain in the right breast and back that intensify upon breathing?
As discussed in details below.
Thanks for your query. Noted the history and understood the concerns well.
Such a pain as described by you can be due to one of the following:
1. I can think of Herpes zoster in which the typical rash can come; please watch for it.
2. Another reasons can be severe costochondritis with referred pain.
3. Problems with lung/ pleura and/or rib at the back that can cause referred pain.
Please discuss this with your Doctor so that a proper clinical evaluation, examination and relevant investigations will give a proper diagnosis.
A proper diagnosis gives a chance for a specific treatment and relief.
I hope this answer helps you.
Dr. T Chandrakant
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp stabbing pain just below ball of ankle
- Can back pain cause shooting or stabbing pain?
- Stabbing pain in middle of back cause
- Sharp stabbing pain in back when breathe
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- Pain in the calf stabbing pain in the back causes
- Sharp stabbing pain when breathing in
- Sharp stabbing pain right side
- Stabbing pains lower right back when inhaling
- Sharp stabbing pain in breast