What causes a sharp pain around the vagina and difficulty in walking?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Sharp pain around vagina. Difficulty walking.

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vulvitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to healthcare magic.com
If there is a sharp pain around the vagina and outside over the vulva, then it is likely that you have been suffering from vulvitis or inflammation of vulva. This can happen secondary to a possible local vulval infection which can cause inflammation redness and pain locally and difficulty in walking.
This would need a local examination and if required a vulval swab for culture to isolate causative organism. you may visit your physician for an evaluation locally and may have to be started on antibiotics for alleviating the infection. Also wear loose undergarments and clothes as friction over vulva can produce sharp pains , the local area being very sensitive.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you speedy recovery .
regards
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist