What causes a series of small pinkish bumps on forearms?

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a series of small pinkish bumps on my forarms. My right forarm is more severe than my left. Bumps do not itch or hurt, I am just self conscious of them.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical calamine and hydrocortisone

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to me on HCM.
I have keenly reviewed your query and pictures.

The gross morphology of skin lesions suggests some form of allergic rash which could be due to either some fabric( clothes), sunlight, insects, perfume , soap etc.

Nothing to worry as it will resolve soon.
I would suggest you the following treatment:

Mix and apply calamine lotion and Hydrocortisone cream twice a day over rash for few days.
You may take antihistaminics like Benadryl if there is any irritation or itching.

Wish you best of health.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee