What causes a scaly penis head and small tiny bumps on the penis?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Apr 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am worrying myself sick doctors..i had lots of sex with my girl this past weekend and on tuesday i noticed i have a scaly penis head and theres small tiny bumps all over barely visible but making my penis head look like the photo .. This is not normal for me .. It looks like they have dried skin almost like skin has been rubbed off leaving small red areas in some parts ... I went to a doctor who said doesnt look std related and then went to sti clinic who said same thing but took a swab of some of bumps .. The bumps dont itch did not open or give discharge.. I am suffering with really bad health anxiety over this to the point im making myself sick with worry please can a dermatologist give an expert anylises of why my penis head looks like this and why there could be so many tiny barely visible bumps .. I am terrified of the herpes virus .. I am waiting till monday for my testing results but am petrified and need a peace of mind ..
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely due to friction or irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details and photos and can make out your anxiety.

It appears to be due to irritation or friction or fungal infection.It is unlikely to be herpes. You can ask your partner for any symptoms like discharge, fungal infection or rash or swelling or pain or burning sensation.

Avoid Friction or irritation.
Take lots of fluids and water.
Clean the area with warm water twice daily.
Do not over clean or use harsh soaps.

Wait for the reports.
You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 11 hours later
So to my understanding herpes does not react like this? I am so scared and monday is so far away.. I suffer with healthy anxiety and am having such a problem even functioning normally because of this.. I think it looks a little better today! Which should be a good sign and the fact the doctor and std nurse said it doesnt look lanything like herpes but my mind is not letting me think rationally
Brief Answer:
Not due to Herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

It does not appear due to Herpes.

Just relax.Get involved in activities of your interest.
Do yoga ,meditation, exercises.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 5 hours later
Okay doctor thank you i will try i am just so scared .. Would it be normal if this was fungal or from irratation and fridtion for the skin where the bumps are to become dry and start flaking off a bit when healing ? This bumps have not got worse or opened in anyway .. This is my last question i have been trying to keep as clean as possible and using coconut oil.. Maybe i am being impatient as its only been 3 days since i noticed this and have realized that i didnt wash properly after i last had sex Which might have caused this
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely due to irritation or friction or fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

Yes,it is likely due to friction or irritation or fungal infection.Either forceful or too frequent intercourse or dryness in partner or fungal infection in partner can precipitate this.Poor hygiene can exacerbate this.You can wash genitals after intercourse.
Dryness or flaking can be symptom of these.
So you can use lubricants if too dry now and also during intercourse if necessary.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti