• question-icon

What causes a red swollen rash on the forearm?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: this is what it looks like now.It only leaks the clear fluid if I pick or scratch it.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The area is inflamed. Needs to be treated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. The are is inflamed. It could be due to a burn, bacterial infection (possibly Streptococcal) or fungal infection. You need to take some NSAID like ibuprofen twice daily for the next 3 days. Topical ice application should provide relief. Topically you also need to apply antibiotic ointments like T-Bact (mupirocin). If it does not resolve in the next few days it would be advisable to visit a doctor and to get it further evaluated.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha