• question-icon

What causes a red rash on the neck?

Posted on Sat, 29 Jul 2017 in Child Health
Question: My 21 months old daughter got red rash on the neck. Attached are the pics of it. Earlier we used Candid cream for similar kind of Rash on the neck. Can we use the same Candid cream again? Or we need to use anything else.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Unfortunately I could not find an image attached. The rash could be due to a fungal infection or an allergic reaction. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or loratidine which are prescription medicines) should help. You could also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion. After looking at the image I would be able to suggest if application of Candid cream would be the right thing to do.

I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Attached images
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Image still not attached.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Unfortunately I still do not see any attachment. You can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY with the query id 339423 and my name mentioned in the subject.

I would await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
sorry doctor. Now I just attached the pictures.. thank you
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Apply candid powder or lotion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached images. You can apply candid cream. However, applying candid powder can be a better idea. Also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician