What causes a red rash on the neck?
I have developed a rash on my neck for over a month. It's red and stinging. I am 50 years old. The skin looks cracked and I it has a few bumps. My doctor wasn't sure what it was and prescribed a topical antibiotic. It's helped but I still get stinging on the neck and tingling in the face. The rash isnt completely gone but its deminished. Today my eyes were stinging and bloodshot. The pain is only momentary and not consistent. It's very sensitive to sunlight and sweat. I don't expect an exact diagnosis but and possible causes could be helpful.
Please send a photo of the affected area first
Hi my dear,
Can you please upload a photo of the affected area?
I think you might need oral meds apart topical treatment. However, I need to have a look at the affected area first.
Bacterial skin infection,needs longer to recover
I have just received your new message. I noted the redness on the skin of the neck area.
If clindamycin was prescribed, it means it was a bacterial infection which I think too.
It will need a few more days to get totally recovered. Meanwhile can use oral antiinflammatory meds like ibuprofen or paracetamol to subside inflammation and pain too.
Can apply cold compresses locally for some relief.
Keep good local hygiene.
Discuss with your doctor to prescribe another course of antibiotics for a few more days.
All the best. Wish fast recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- What causes red rashes in a diabetic and glaucoma patient
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- What could cause red rashes on butt cheek
- What causes painful red rashes around the testicles
- What causes red rash on thighs
- What causes sudden red rash on pennis
- What causes red rash near left ear
- What is causing pain swelling and red rashes in breast
- What could cause red rashes on the penis gland