What causes a red patch on the left side of the soft palate?
Inflamed Palatoglossal arch area, not cancer..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain, symptoms and the image attached, it is showing that the area of Palatoglossal Arch is appearing inflamed and redness is due to inflammation only..
It can be due to causes like Bacterial or viral infection, post nasal drip,acid reflux, snoring, allergies etc..
In case if other individuals in your house are suffering from cold then you might have also contracted it and can be due to viral infection..
Nothing to worry about it as it is not cancer..
I would suggest you to take anti inflammatory painkiller like Ibuprofen [Advil, Motrin etc]..
You should do warm saline gargles 3 to 4 times a day.
Take a soft diet and avoid spicy and very hot foods.
Gargle with antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine by diluting it with 1:1 solution, that is half of mouthwash and half water.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.
You can follow for 4 to 5 days and can revert back with the response..
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does gerd cause red spots on soft palate?
- What causes irritationdrynessfulness and lump on the soft palate
- What causes mouth ulcers in soft palate
- Causes of soft palate bruising
- Soft palate pain causes
- Causes discolored soft palate
- H pylori causes red spots soft palate
- What causes swelling of the soft palate
- Does phentermine cause red spots on soft palate
- What causes soft palate ulcers