What causes a red patch on the foreskin of penis?

Posted on Tue, 23 May 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a singular small reddish patch on my foreskin, not painful or itchy, just visually slightly concerning. It appeared rather suddenly and the size and shape have remained unchanged for about two weeks. No sexual activity recently, this appeared seemingly out of the blue.

Again, it's not painful and doesn't seem to spreading, but doesn't seem to be going away either. The surface of the red patch of skin has taken on a smooth texture, seemingly thinner than the skin around it.

Any ideas on what this might be?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a few Images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist and venereologist).
I have gone thrrough your query and I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload a few images in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Here are 3 pictures.

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Plasma cell balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

I have viewed the images. I will keep a possibility of Zoon's Balanitis or Plasma cell balanitis which may present as erythematous shiny patch on inner prepuce and glans. It may be asymptomatic or there may be burning sensation/ discomfort. I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid cream, twice daily e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist