What Causes A Red Non-itchy Rash On The Ankle Post An Injury?
A few weeks ago I injured my left ankle. It is still slightly swollen even after wearing an adjustable brace. The dr did xrays and ultrasound but nothings shows as torn or broken. The conclusion was that I had severely stretched all the ligaments in my ankle. I noticed last week a red non itchy rash on the inside of my ankle but I have no idea what has caused it.
What could be the cause of the rash and what can I do to stop my ankle from aching all the time? I already follow the RICE plan.
Needs rest for proper healing.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached image. The rash on the ankle is like petechial spots that can happen due to small capillary hemorrhages. This can happen due to soft tissue injury or a tight brace. The rash will gradually improve on its own but since the ankle is painful, it needs a complete rest to heal.
Avoid weight bearing on the foot and all the painful activities for at least 3 weeks for proper healing. Do take a mild pain killer after meals for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Flucloxacillin and microgynon
- Ive been breastfeeding and taking microgynon
- Dangers of overdose birth control pill microgynon
- Getting blood pressure done on arm with implanon
- Itching chronic implanon
- Is it dangerous to smoke marijuana while implanon
- Microgynon 8 hours late in taking microgynon
- Heavy and painful periods on implanon
- Marvelon compared to microgynon
- Severe leg pain caused by implanon