What causes a red bump inflammation on upper butt crack?
Consult a general surgeon
this sounds like a pilonidal cyst. This is an abscess actually, which formed right under your skin due to ingrown hair. If the cyst is big enough then only surgical intervention would cure it. You've got to consult a general surgeon for that.
You can contact me again, if you'd like further information or clarifications.
It needs to be cleaned and let release its contents
the most important thing is to let it release its contents right now and clean it with normal saline (or another sterile non-irritating fluid). You can apply some povidone iodine outside the cavity and a gauze to absorb the fluid that's going to come out later.
And of course visit a general surgeon for assessment...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- What causes episcleritis inflammation
- What causes breast inflammation
- What causes tissue inflammation
- What causes prostate inflammation
- What could cause red inflammation on penis
- What causes eye inflammation
- What causes inflammation in throat
- What causes chest inflammation
- What causes inflammation of the liver