What causes a rash on the penis post intercourse?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: every time me an gf would have sex I would get a rash of bumps on the head of my penis..then they would dissapear immediately after then turn to dry skin an peel the next day...did this for a few month
s and recently stopped what was that?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to allergic reaction or irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to irritation or allergic reaction. If your using condom then it can be due to latex allergy also. In such case using non latex condoms will be helpful. Sometimes lubricants in condoms also can cause irritation too.

Applying Corticosteroid creams like (Hydrocortisone) cortisone 1% cream will be helpful for this.
If you provide a picture of those bumps then it will be more helpful.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee