• question-icon

What causes a rash and pain in the right arm and sore throat?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: Hi I have a right arm that hurts and has a rash . It hurt into the bone. The right side of my throat is some what sore,hurting in or just under my right ear. It feels like the gland is sore in my neck. I am recovering from acute renal failure with a creative reading of around 6 (down from 8 ) . Very limited in what I can take for pain. any ideas? It 3:16 am here. I guess you would say my right ear hurts also.

You with me doc
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need exam in person

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
The rash on your arm could be a yeast type rash or an allergic reaction, but that would not explain the pain. If it is a deep bone pain you may need an xray or other tests to determine the cause, but you need an in person exam to determine what is needed.
If you have throat and ear pain with swollen glands then you may have an infection going on. You need to be seen as soon as possible to see if you need an antibiotic. You may need a strep test or other tests to determine the cause of these pains.
As you know pain management with renal failure is tricky. Only your doctor could recommend pain management in that situation. You could try some warm compresses on the right side of your neck and ear for some relief until you can see your doctor.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dr. Robinson
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply! I will follow up.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
great

Detailed Answer:
Best to you and I hope you are feeling better soon
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson