What causes a radiating pain in left shoulder and left breast?
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Most common causes of such shoulder pain with pain in breast (left chest area) are following:
1. Muscular Pain.
2. Chest pain due to heart issues like Angina
3. Acid peptic disease.
Since we can't afford to miss cardiac causes of chest pain so you should get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.
If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For acid reflux, i advice to take a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone once a day.
For muscular chest pain , do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
However, you should be first of all sure that this discomfort is not due to heart issues.
So, see your doctor now and get investigated.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
ECG should be performed.
See, i do agree anxiety and acid reflux can cause these issues. Even sleeping on left shoulder would cause muscular pain, as i have mentioned.
Important here is to rule out cardiac issues.
Just get an ECG done and write back with reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain up left leg ankle
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Radiating pain in arms cause pregnancy
- Breast lump with a radiating pain
- Severe radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen