What causes a radiating pain in jaw, neck,ears, teeth and scalp?
The sensation unnerved me slightly, my sister and mother both have MS and have suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia, but these pains are much more intense and usually unilateral. Well, I wonder whether any explaination is obvious, and fear slightly that it may be of cardiac origin. Any ideas?
Dental origin should be considered. Not cardiac related pain.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your query and understand your concerns.
I guess the MRI results you refer didn't show any problems such neurovascular conflict that may explain trigeminal neuralgia, or any white matter lesions that may indicate MS, right?
Also, how long before you had the MRI done?
The pain you refer is not typical one of the cardiac origin, in my opinion, considering the distribution, bilateral trigeminal pain may be an explanation.
It may be related to dental conditions and an evaluation by your Dentist is necessary.
If dental origin excluded and this was just one episode, this atypical pain may be related to anxiety and stress disorder, and fatigue after prolonged skiing may contribute in triggering this.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain in jaw throat and chest
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Radiating pain in arms cause pregnancy
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain from jaw to back
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen