What causes a pus filled abscess between the scrotum and rectum?
It must be incised and drained.
Thank you for the query.
Abscess has to be incised and drained. Squeezing it is not enough. The incision must be large to completely open it and drain it. Without such procedure there is a high risk of fistula development.
From the other hand, as this keeps coming back, fistula can be there already. That is why, he should consult general surgeon, have incision, rectal examination to find the fistula canal. If this wont identify the fistula, transrectal ultrasound should be next step.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pus-filled abscess causes
- What causes an abscess
- Symptoms of pus-filled abscess
- What causes abscess in armpit
- What causes bartholins abscess
- Have pus-filled abscess on leg is it a sore
- Diagnosis of pus-filled abscess
- Drugs/medication for pus-filled abscess
- What causes skin abscess
- Treatment and cure for pus-filled abscess