What causes a purple spot on the eyelid?
Blood deposited under the skin.
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This apparently is blood deposited under the skin.The reasons can be a trivial trauma or painkillers intake,which can cause such bleed.
No treatment is required,,and will take 2 weeks time to resolve on its own.
If it is cosmetically unsightly then Thrombophlebitis ointment can be applied,which hastens the process of resolution.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes small purple spots inside the thighs
- Causes of yellow spots on eyelids
- Cause of purple spots on lips
- What causes purple spots on the testicles
- What causes purple spots on lips
- What causes purple spots on vagina
- What causes purple spot on my earlobe
- What causes purple eyelids
- Purple spots on tongue causes
- What causes purple eyelid discoloration
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...