What causes a purple facial bruise to turn bright red?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I had a cosmetic filler injection on my face 4 days ago that resulted in a small pinprick bruise. It turned dark purple (thought was healing), but today woke up to it being bright red and a little bigger. (Pencil eraser size).
Why would a bruise go from dark purple to BRIGHT red?
Very concerned.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps it is just a bruise or a small hematoma. However I request you to kindly contact your doctor to rule out possible infection or allergic reaction or vascular compromise which need to be promptly treated.
Do you have any associated symptoms?like pain? Itching? I request you to kindly upload a good quality image in "Reports Section" so that I can have a look at it.