What causes a positive drug test result for Methamphetamine while on Sudafed?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: why did I test positive for methanfedamines when all I was taking was seltzer pluses ibuprofen and sudefen nasal congestion
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen or Pseudoephedrine present in Sudefen might cause false positive.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

False positive Methamphetamine test could occur due to a number of drugs. Even Pseudoephedrine present in Sudefen nasal congestion might cause false positive test of methamphetamines. Ibuprofen in studies also found to be associated with false positive methamphetamine test. If you tested positive then you can mention to authorities that you were on these medicines.

Thanks.