• question-icon

What causes a pink patch on the penis?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi last week I was using the restroom and I was checking my penis out and I seen a pink patch on my penis like is wrong and I was wondering what could that be because I've never had a STD because me and my fiance has been together 6 years plus just last week she got her results back from her check-up and it was negative and me and her has been having unprotected sex 4 years so I was wondering what could that be. To be honest I did have oral sex with a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago other than that I've never had any sexual contact with any other woman it doesn't hurt it doesn't itch when I pee it doesn't burn I mean I feel fine I'm just concerned about what could it be rather be safe than sorry you know.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please could you send me an attached picture of this patch to define better the diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

First I need to know more information, did you have used condom during the oral sex and did you have done unprotected sex with your fiance after the oral sex with your friend?

Usually you can get some STI during unprotected oral sex but the most probably in your case could be HSV, or syphilis or just could be a fungal infection.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist